SILVERSKIFF AND KINDERSKIFF 2019
Organizing committee and safety plan
The Silverskiff and KinderSkiff SilverSkiff regattas 2019 are organized by the Royal Rowing Club Cerea (RRC Cerea), in collaboration with the other rowing clubs of Turin and with the regional committee of the Italian Rowing Federation.
Hence, the organizing committee is composed by the members of the Executive Board of RRC Cerea together with external collaborators, as per the following chart.
- Antonio Baruffaldi, president of RRC Cerea and responsible for safety and public relations ; mobile +393355403935
- Umberto Dentis, director of the Organizing Committee for the SilverSkiff, KinderSkiff and Para-rowing SilverSkiff 2017; mobile +393356850401
- Leonardo Stefanelli, council member of RRC Cerea; vice-president of the Organizing Committee; mobile +393298021615
- Fabrizio Vespa, vice-president and holder of the treasurer’s office for RRC Cerea; mobile +393332235132
- Enrico Castiglia, member of RRC Cerea and responsible for the award ceremony; mobile +393472534688
- Enrico Marucco, council member and vice-president of RRC Cerea and responsible for the registration office; mobile +393488707720
- Emanuele Picco, responsible for the web site and communications; mobile +393313006926
- Michele Lanotte, member of RRC Cerea and responsible for medical services; mobile +393472617588
- Federico De Michelis, member of RRC Cerea and responsible for tracing the racing field; mobile +393292148391
- William Pesarelli, member of RRC Cerea and responsible for the landing and launching docks; mobile +393355463736
- Caterina Tipanu, trainer of RRC Cerea, responsible for the crews giving assistance on the water; mobile +393292031811
- Paolo Ramella, member of RRC Cerea and responsible for the organization of the volunteers; mobile +393899632749
- the President of the Jury will be appointed by the Italian Rowing Federation.
A map of the racing field will be put on display beside the registration office during the racing days and a copy will be distributed to all participants at the registration.
On the map you will find displayed:
- the areas on the river open and closed to practice for the crews
- obstacles and potential dangers on the river and how they are signalled
- buoys, flags or other tools used to signal the correct direction both during the race and during training
- how to get both medical and non-medical assistance during the race
Before the race a plan will be set for motorboats assisting the racing crews. This will include the name of the assistants, their location on the field, their mobile contacts, beginning and end of their service and safety devices available on the motorboats.
Those assistants who haven’t followed a specific training course will be given written instructions.
Safety radio-communications will be kept separated by those concerning the race. A list of radio channels and/or mobile contacts of people involved in the safety of the participants will be prepared. A person will be appointed with the task of coordinating the communications from the RRC Cerea.
The meteorological conditions will be checked regularly on the website of ARPA (Regional Agency for Environmental Protection) and Civil Protection. A link with weather forecast will be displayed on the SilverSkiff website. The compliance with safety standards of the racing field will be evaluated by the President of the Organizing Committee together with the President of the Jury.
In case of exceptional meteorological emergencies (thunderstorms with high electrical activity, hailstorm, sudden appearance of fog or wind), the regatta could be interrupted and the racing field evacuated by the nearest available docks (as indicated on the map). The decision will be taken jointly by the President of the Jury and the President of the Organizing Committee.
On the racing field, crews will have to proceed upstream on the orographic right side of the river, and downstream on the orographic left side.
The passage under the bridges is regulated as per the instructions given on the map and displayed also on the course.
Motorboats other than those involved in the organization the race are not allowed.
The crews who have completed the race cannot enter the racing field again. They will have to land at one of the available docks.
Warming up will be permitted in the area included between the rowing clubs Caprera and Esperia (see map). The area included between the rowing clubs Caprera and Cerea will be used exclusively for the lining up and the arrival of the crews.
For the KinderSkiff and Para-rowing SilverSkiff, a special safety plan has been set whereby 10 motorboats are located on the racing course as per the following table.
|1||TRAINING AREA “A” (FROM ESPERIA TO CAPRERA)||ESPERIA 1|
|2||TRAINING AREA “B” (FROM CAPRERA TO THE START)||ESPERIA 2|
|3||BORGO MEDIOEVALE||CEREA 2|
|6||HALF WAY BUOY||CEREA 1|
|9||DOWNSTREAM FROM PONTE ISABELLA||AMICI DEL FIUME|
Should a motorboat leave its designated position to help a participant, that area will be checked by the nearest motorboat.
On every motorboat there will be a driver and an assistant. Every motorboat will be equipped with a blanket and a lifebuoy attached to a 10-meter rope for retrieval.
Motorboats will be in radio or mobile contact with the safety responsible at the RCC Cerea.
Furthermore, 14 people will be positioned on the banks of the river along the course to help participants with direction od during overtaking, as per the following table.
|RIGHT BANK: WAY UP|
|1||DOWNSTREAM FROM ISABELLA BRIDGE||2 people|
|2||IMBARCO N° 6||1 person|
|3||DOWNSTREAM FROM BALBIS BRIDGE (MOLINETTE)||2 people|
|4||ENEL DOCK||2 people|
|LEFT BANK: WAY DOWN|
|14||UPSTREAM FROM BALBIS BRIDGE (MOLINETTE)||1 person|
|15||BETWEEN ISABELLA AND BALBIS BRIDGES||2 people|
|16||UPSTREAM FROM ISABELLA BRIDGE||2 people|
|17||MEDIEVAL CASTLE||2 people|
Medical assistance will be guaranteed during the races by medical personnel assisted by ambulances (one on Saturday and two on Sunday) and a motorboat with divers (positioned at the half way buoy).
Turin, 2nd July 2019
The President The Secretary
Antonio Baruffaldi Sandro Buffardi